Thursday, February 21, 2013

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play!

Today Max had a doctor's appointment and I could not believe my ears when I heard he weighed 5 lbs, 5.5 oz and had grown to 19 inches long! Our little guy is getting to be a normal size newborn. Tomorrow is officially Max's ONE month birthday and I am so glad that he broke the 5 lb mark. He is doing really great with the exception of some gook in his eyes that has to be medicated and thrush in his mouth. Really small potatoes compared to what some parents deal with in a 7 week early child.

I have posted one of Max's photos from the hospital on this blog so that you all can see how precious he is! I love this photo and can't contain my oohs and ahhs when I see it. He really is such a beautiful boy. We continually realize just how lucky we are. Max has been doing so well and has started to really get down to business in eating. He eats 2-3 oz of either breast milk or formula every 3 hours so he is zipping right up the weight charts. Unfortunately, I have had to supplement his breast milk with formula for the time being due to his time in the NICU creating a deficit in me in providing for Max's daily food. I am able to produce about 2-3 bottles for him a day and the rest has to be formula. I am praising God for that amount that I can give him though so that he gets the most health benefits possible.

We received the big fat NICU bill today and all I can say is Thank you God, Thank you Anthem Blue Cross, and Thank you Starbucks. If not, we would be filing bankruptcy due to the bills accrued during this visit as well as my C-section and hospital stay. I am astounded at how amazingly God provided for this beautiful guy we now have and for us as we battled through the NICU journey. He is still providing as we see deficit from being on no income for almost a month.

God is so incredibly good. Thank you for stopping in to check on our dude. Those are our updates for now. Tomorrow I will be posting Max's letter of the month and another one of his pictures and a picture of Max at the 1 month mark! YAY! We have made it ...with your prayers!

Thank you again

Anthony, Erica & Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment